- Albumin
- Alkaline phosphatase
- ALT (alanine transaminase)
- AST (aspartate aminotransferase)
- BUN (blood urea nitrogen)
- Calcium - serum
- Serum chloride
- CO2
- Creatinine
- Direct bilirubin
- Gamma-GT
- Glucose test
- LDH (lactate dehydrogenase)
- Phosphorus - serum
- Potassium test
- Serum sodium
- Total bilirubin
- Total cholesterol
- Total protein
- Uric acid
- Lyme disease
- TSH
- T4
- Free T4
- T3
- Sedimentation Rate
- WBC Count
- WBC Differential
- RBC Count
- Hemoglobin
- Hematocrit
- Platelet Count
- MCV (mean corpuscular volume)
- MCH (mean corpuscular hemoglobin)
- RDW (red cell distribution with)
- Creatine Kinase
Ok, so the first portion and last portion are collectively known as a Chem20 and a CBC (complete blood count), so there's really only 5 or 6 tests being done, but two of those are very large tests, and above is what is being measured in my blood.
(Hoping insurance will cover all or practically all of it.)
Hoping also that all of that will take care of it. The doctor said what I needed to hear though: If all the tests are normal, but the sed rate is out of whack, then we need to keep looking. If everything in total is normal, then my pains are not something detrimental/life threatening, and will be just something I have to live with. I'm fine with that last scenario; the pains are more annoying than excruciating, and I can deal with them if someone has definitively ruled out everything but the most random, obscure situation. I just need to know and make sure I'll be okay.
Until then, I have to go study for other tests that don't involve sticking needles into me. First up, Health Systems *gag*
I am proud of you for going finally! You are in my prayers dear. Aaaaand I get to see you again in a few weeks. Can I get an AMEN?!
ReplyDeleteThat's a lot of tests! I'm praying nothing is wrong! :) I'm also praying your insurance covers all of it! Yay! ;)
ReplyDelete