Wednesday, December 2, 2009

How I spend a night to myself

What's worth driving around in the dark, in the pouring rain, taking at least fourteen wrong turns along the way?

A caramel apple spice from Starbucks.  The stuff is addicting - they must put some festive, holiday crack in it.

But - oh! The wrong turns.  The downpour.  The impossible to see roads.  The GPS that lagged behind my actual position by about three seconds; No! The Starbucks is not approaching on the left, no it is not .2 miles ahead.  I'm in the middle of the woods and the only way off of this death trap is a barely noticeable ... path?  Is that a street?  That's not it - no self respecting, yuppie, trendy Starbucks would ever be located on Squirrel Hollow Lane.

A few minutes later, I finally found it.  As the warm, sweet goodness hit my ever-so-slightly scratchy, phlegmy throat, I practically reached nirvana.  Sooooo worth it all.

I'm now snuggled onto the couch, watching Marley & Me.  I just felt like I needed something emotional tonight.  Yes, I know what happens at the end; I'm prepared.  Though Jennifer Aniston's character just had a miscarriage, and my eyes did well up a bit.  (I'm terrified of that happening some day - I really think I will just fall apart.)

Brian's in SC for a few more days for business, so it's just the Monker and I tonight.   I'm done with tests, and I have no class in the morning, so I'm ready to unwind, do whatever the hell I feel like, and sleep late after doing it  (:

1 comment:

  1. That sounds like such a great night!

    Lol! I wish I could have been a fly on the GPS when you were searching for the Starbucks. :] Sounds like a fun time.

    That drink sounds yummy! I. Must. Try. It.

    ReplyDelete