Monday, November 23, 2009

How cool is this?

I'm on a plane right now, 10,000 feet in the air, writing this on my iPod. Think - 100 years ago, flight was just barely possible, and no one could have possibly even dreamed of the Internet. When we envision the future now, it seems impossible that such crazy things could ever realize their potential - but imagine if they could see me now: miles in the air, communicating with anyone in the world who cares to listen by tapping my fingers on a thin black disk (that is smart enough to recognize my mistakes when I make them and "realize" what I most likely meant to say). What would they think? What will my grandkids take as "normal"? What phenomena will they absorb as simply a function of their lives?

Gotta jet (pun intended) - we're about to land.

No comments:

Post a Comment