Sunday, October 25, 2009

Reasons why I am lucky.




I'm lucky because I've been dating this wonderful man for a whole year now, and he seems to have no intentions of backing out now.





I'm lucky because he took me   
on a picnic today,                                              
and this is what I got to look at:                          And this too!








I'm lucky because I get to live in a place that is as beautiful as this~!  My jaw drops almost every time I walk out my door.






Today was simply a wonderful day.  I got to experience a true fall, and it was amazing.  We picnicked in Duke Gardens and then saw the Duke Chapel - simply astounding (I'll go back soon and take more pictures).  I really kept saying to Brian, "I feel so lucky to live here; I can't believe I can just come here whenever I want, and see this, and feel this, and... "  It just struck me that this is my life now - us, here, now, and I'm so happy.  I was literally overwhelmed today.

We then drove up to Hillborough, just because I wanted to drive everywhere and see everything in all of the changing colors.  We bought a coffee and did a crossword (or rather, tried the crossword, it was really challenging) - my idea of an ideal afternoon.  For now, though, my mom is in town and we're going to go visit her and her friends at their hotel - no blogging time when la mama is here!

A wonderful day, abounding with happiness and love.


1 comment:

  1. Words really cannot express how gorgeous it is there! You two are very lucky!

    ReplyDelete