Wednesday, October 21, 2009

I can almost smell Fall Break...

First off, can I just say that I looooove this stuff?

It's one of the tastiest, and definitely one of the healthiest microwave meals I've ever had. Trust me, when you're a grad student with no time AND you have a degree in nutrition, these things become very important to you.

On top of that, try finding a microwave meal that's vegetarian but isn't macaroni and cheese.  There are very limited options.  This has orzo, beans, spinach, fontina cheese, apples, cranberries... which all sounds like a weird combo, I know, but it's yummy and good for the tummy :)

In other news, I've had three tests in the last week.  They are now all complete, and all completed relatively successfully, I believe.  An hour and a half of Michael Moore is all that stands between me and Fall Break - life could be worse I suppose.

Tonight's plans include cooking and painting my nails.  Ramen slaw and zucchini muffins for the former, maroon for the latter.  Tomorrow commences the deep house clean, because it needs it, but more importantly, because my mama visits tomorrow!  Hooray.  She and her crew of friends are coming out to visit and see the leaves change - the annual "leaf trip" of kids who grew up back east where there was actually a fall and then moved to AZ where there is none, and now need to get their dose of annual color.  Not a lot of the leaves have changed yet though, so I'm hoping they'll be able to go more into the mountains and see some colors.

Off to read on my lunch now, I think.  Started a new book the other day - "Expensive People" by Joyce Carol Oates (who is one of my favorite authors).  Mildly interesting thus far, but I'm only about 30 pgs in, so we'll see how it goes. 

(Mind overwhelmed by the ability to choose what to do, instead of defaulting to study study study.)




3 comments:

  1. Are you a vegetarian? I didnt know that.

    Good job on your tests. :]

    Enjoy your break!
    Post some pictures of...
    1. Your house.
    2. Your cat.
    3. The fall leaves.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Missy, I miss you so so so so so much. I want to come visit and experience winter. Grr the frustrations of being broke! I cannot wait for your visit, which is only about a month away! YAY!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Melissa! Don't often need a meal-in-box, but now that you shared I'm betting this is better than some of my quick-fix meals.
    BTW, I 've been meaning to ask you - opinion on Stevia, senorita Biochem and Nutrition?

    ReplyDelete