But I shouldn't do it all the time, because I'm so incredibly blessed, and life really is beautiful (for the pessimists out there, yes - I can hear you retching into the bushes. Get over it.)
I'm currently studying for a final, and I could bitch about that, but NO.
I'm going to appreciate this very moment, because when I pause to reflect, it's wonderful. Here's why:
- I'm a successful grown-up, as evidenced by:
- I'm sitting out in front of my home, that I own.
- After tomorrow, I will be halfway to achieving my doctorate
- The grass is freshly mown, my irises (that I didn't even plant! they're surprise irises) are blooming, as are my snapdragons
- My multicolor solar lights that my wonderful loving mother made me just kicked on, making the path to my study spot purple, teal, and pink
- I'm listening to a really great new-found band called The Civil Wars
- even better, I downloaded their album, for free, legally. (and you can too! Right Here.)
- My love will be home soon, and when he gets here, I've got a fat steak that I'm going to throw on the grill ;)
(Can you tell it's finals time? Bulleted lists for study guide outlines, anyone?)
Life is just fantastic... though that may be the wine talking, but I don't think so. I really need to practice what I preach here, but take a moment to enjoy it, k?
You bought a house?! You're growing snapdragons?!?!
ReplyDeleteYou ARE living a fantastic life! Miss you, my dear :)