Thursday, March 11, 2010

Oh that's right - my blog.

Watching the Today show this morning with the boyfriend, there were two broads on who wrote a book called "Flirtexting" with some ridiculous subtitle about how to ignite that technological spark. It included a guide to such acronyms as NOYB (none of your business) and LOML (Love of my life. Insert first issue here ->
Ladies, if a man truly believes that you are the love of is life and can't take the time to spell those four words out in their entirety, Leave His Ass. Period.)
I exclaimed to the boyfriend,
Are you serious?  Really?  You can write a book and get on the Today show for something as DUMB as that? Hell, maybe I should write a book.
He agreed, but then I realized I never could.  I could never sit down, dedicate a good chunk of each of my days to writing about my thoughts in some creative, witty manner that people would care to read because - oh! that's right! I already do that. Say hello to my blog.  (Side note: I may be able to do the above if I had a FAT advance.  But let's be honest with ourselves, ok?  That's never going to happen.)

As I said, I was watching the Today show this morning, which implies that I was not frantically rushing out the door at 7:22 am.  That's right, I'm on Spring Break.  My glorious break has included shopping, laundry, some lounging, and gardening (I planted snapdragons!  another entry, complete with photos, soon to come.).

I REALLY needed the mental recharge; the past six months have just worn me out.  Not to sound like a whiner - nothing terrible has happened, it's just been psychologically exhausting.  I declare that period in my life officially over (because I said so).  I'm getting my grades under control, will fly home in one week and family life will be sickeningly, Cleaver-esque perfect, and I have mentally become Carolinian. Naturally, though, now that I've become accustomed to the state, I've also become allergic to it.  Claritin = somewhat ineffective, but will I go back inside?  Hell no! It's 70 degrees out and I've been cooped up all winter, something I've never had to endure in my entire little Arizonian life.

Well, that's about all I can manage for now.  Baby steps, alright?  Today: a few paragraphs banged out while lunch is cooking.  Tomorrow: Today (Meredith Viera - get ready.)


2 comments:

  1. I bet your blog is a better read than that book on the Today Show! Can't wait for the post complete with pictures!

    P.S. I love reading your blog, you're a great writer!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with Meg! You are a great writer...and pretty hilarious :-).

    ReplyDelete