I have officially reached disgusting shedding status. Today I literally had to take a pair of shears and cut my hair out of the brush wheel of my vacuum. It's a miracle I'm not bald.
My cat has taken to throwing his litter across the bathroom. Throwing. Across the bathroom. Everywhere. So there's that.
I required a reference today and contacted my old boss to get the OK to put her name down. That's irrelevant; what is relevant is that I miss her. She's a kickass awesome lady, and what adds salt to the wound is that her persona truly comes through in text. Thus, instead of a "Sure, reference = ok" email, it was a "Hi - remember me? I'm the boss you loved working for." And I really loved LOVED working for her. I applied to the job on a whim, and I really think it was a nice, neatly wrapped little present from God - "Here, Melissa, you've been good lately...this will be fun for you." In that job, I was actually inspired by my boss to simultaneously be a better person and be proud of myself. I met a great friend of mine and had fun giggling across cubicles. I met a lot of great people and had a lot of good giggles actually, and I still think the 'Office Wine and Scrabble party' could have been the greatest thing ever (proposed by my boss's boss, actually - I was told to get right on it. After all, something like pulling that off is what defines the difference between a competent worker and an assistant you cannot live without.) I got some impressive stats for my resume. I truly enjoyed EVERY minute I was there. And yes, I was just an assistant, but I wasn't some piss-on. I was made to feel like I was an assistant simply because she had too much on her plate, and the work needed to be divided (as opposed to her just shoveling off undesirable tasks on me). With unlimited funding, I believe the boss-assistant team we had going could probably have taken over the world. Maybe that's a little much, but you catch my drift. But alas - it was only a student position, making less than I'm worth (though my amazing boss did manage to negotiate me as much of a raise as she could - saying a HELL of a LOT in Arizona's university system), and it was in Arizona, which needed to cease being home.
I had a mini-melt down around 1:15 am, laying in bed last night, about that. The leaving AZ/not being kept in the loop about my family/having no honest-to-goodness solid-to-the-core friends out here/being uncomfortable and frustrated with the current life stage. You know, the uje.
Plus side - I have a steaming hot boyfriend (fresh from the bath) and a surprise new episode of 'Chuck' waiting for me. I suppose life isn't too tough... ;)
The only thing I have to say is I logged on to Blogger at the exact moment you posted this. Great mind thinks alike =)
ReplyDeleteAlso, I have had to cut hair out of a vacuum many many times. It was especially bad when me and tanya lived together, two extremely thick haired shedders sharing a space is always going to be bad news.
And I am sure Monkey is just going through a phase, but until then I apologize for the icky mess you have to clean.
I guess I had more to say than I thought...
I MISS YOU!
aw, monkey and bad billy may have more in common than we thought?!? he still a baby, though, it's okay.
ReplyDeleteit's rough being on the outs, man. i'm sorry. feeling on the outside of so much at once is overwhelming. but time, time, time, time, is all you need. and fortunately, when you're busy it goes by fast. right? RIGHT??!!! love ya girl.