This blog is really an excuse to put off studying for my Health Systems exam (a class that is simply about health care in America. While somewhat interesting at times and good to know in general, it's far too broad to be practically tested on and far long to be engaged).
So here we go, random.
It's starting to get cold out here, and I went to buy new warm clothes that were actually presentable. You see, it's as cold here now as it is for most of December in Arizona. Most of the warm clothes I have consist of hoodies and jeans, because in AZ, it being really cold is pretty much an excuse to dress like a bum. Here, however, I have to work and dress professionally on certain days at school... let's just say I needed to step up my attire a little. Never before have I been coordinating my different layers in a store, but I did here.
Reasons why my hunni is lovely (these reasons apply to him in general, but in particular this week):
-He cooks deliciously for me, and loves it. And when I cook for him (which is most of the time, since I love to cook) he does the dishes without even being asked.
-He makes sure I wake up when I need to. Those of you who have been around a sleeping Melissa know that this is quite a chore, and if accomplished, quite a feat. He also takes my verbal abuse like a champ when I'm cranky from getting woken up from my nap.
-When I lose things, like my keys, he lets me borrow his.
-He killed two, really big bugs in the same day.
I've lived in Chapel Hill for two months now, and I still have no kitchen table. Not even a temporary one - nope! we eat our dinners on the couch! I ordered one a month ago, it took forever to get shipped out, and when it did arrive it was so badly damaged that I refused to accept it. So UPS sent it back. They then mistakenly charged me to do so, and although I got that resolved today, I still need to call the table place and straighten that out. *sigh*
I know so many pregnant people, that there's at least one woman's uterus on my Facebook page at any given time.
Played in a fundraiser flag football tournament with my year on Friday. We made it to the championship, and lost by a touchdown in the final minutes of the game.
[A word to the wise: Don't go from no activity to 4 football games in a night. You will regret it about 48 hours later. (I had a really fun time, though.) ]
Okay, put off studying long enough. Time to go make some tea and then absorb racial, ethnic, and cultural disparities in health care.

Love the uterus comment...cracks me up!
ReplyDeleteSo true about the pregnant people Mel... Lol.
ReplyDeleteThat sucks about your dining room table. Are they shipping you out a new one?