Update to last post:
Brian said 'fuck' last night, too.
You see, Brian is a twitcher in his sleep. We all do it, I know - but he's smacked me full on in the face before with his twitching. So I climb into bed last night (about 2 hours after he's already fallen asleep), and naturally Monkey follows me into the bedroom. This cat is very well trained - he hops up in bed with me whenever I go to bed, regardless of whether or not he's tired (he usually gets up later and does his thing), curls up right at my feet. He knows that the bed is the one place where he's not allowed to play - we lay down and we go to sleep.
(This may have arisen from the time right after I rescued him, and he was a wee, tea-cup-sized little kitty. A miniature thing who thought it was great fun to pounce on my face in the middle of the night. Anyone who's met me knows not to mess with my sleep, and claws in the face roused my deep, primal, defense instincts...resulting in Monkey being hurled into a wall on several occasions. Yes, I felt terrible when I heard that little thump; No, I would not have done something like that if I had been awake and in my right mind; but Yes, I'm really glad that now my cat never messes with me when I'm sleeping.)
Well, as Monkey trails after me into a dark bedroom, Brian's foot is hanging off the edge of the bed, and he begins to twitch. Brian's never shot-putted Monkey before, so there's a little less of a 'No Play Time' sense there. Monkey sees a dangling appendage begin to bob, and naturally, he attacks. Meanwhile, it's pitch black, I've literally JUST gotten into bed, and Brian flies up in the air and yells "FUCK MONKEY!" flailing his pillow about.
Monkey runs off, Brian grumbles, and I tell him not to kill the cat. He agrees, and goes back to sleep. Not one minute later, Monkey comes back into the bedroom, hops up on my side of the bed, walks up to my head, and stares me in the face. Six inches from my face, stares for a few seconds, then lays himself down, pressed up against my side, and rests his head right on my belly button.
I couldn't help but giggle. The cat always very faithfully lies by my feet, but he hates to cuddle at night. I really think he hopped up into bed, looked at me to make sure I wasn't mad at him too, then snuggled with me because, oh poor Monkey, Brian was mean to him.
I told you all - it was an F-bomb kind of night :)
No comments:
Post a Comment