Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Bring on the bonus points

Flight #1: November 23rd, Raleigh/Durham to Phoenix
Flight #2: December 17th, Raleigh/Durham to Phoenix
Flight #3: January 14th, Raleigh/Durham to Philadelphia

Keep in mind that these are all round trip, and that means a lot of air time in those 6 weeks!

The first trip is for Thanksgiving, the second for Christmas, obviously.  I'm excited to go home and see my family, but due to the recent family events mentioned earlier, the holidays will be... stressful, at best (aren't they always, though?)  It saddens me that though I will enjoy my time home, the positives and negatives are likely going to cancel each other out, resulting in a *hopefully* neutral holiday.  Sigh, shrug, meh, blah - it will be what it will be.

Flight 3 actually has a hidden component, so we'll break it down into flight 3a and 3b.  Flight 3a is actually on Dec. 7, but I won't be the one flying - my fantastic best friend will be flying here to spend my birthday with me :)  This is particularly special to me since the one person that really means anything to me out here (Brian) will be travelling for business on my birthday.  Southwest was having a 72 hour sale that included $25 one-way fare between Raleigh and Philadelphia, the first chunk of permissible dates covering my birthday, the second covering hers.  Flight 3b listed above would be me going to Philly just before her birthday.  She suggested a quick jaunt to NY to ice skate in central park, drink cocoa, and do wonderfully cliche wintry things. Needless to say, I'm so down.  I can't wait for the flight 3's!

Daylight Savings Time Update: I am enjoying that it is light when I leave the house now, but not particularly enjoying that it gets dark around 5:30.  Also, enjoying that the time is less restrictive for calling my parents, since I now only have to coordinate a 2 hour difference instead of 3 hours (again, here's to you Arizona for not participating - bravo!)

No need for lengthy blogs when you're doing it every day.  See you tomorrow everyone, and good night!

1 comment:

  1. Definitely appreciating the decrease in the time difference from home.
    As for DST, I would much rather leave in the dark and return with some light than the other way around. :)
    Mia

    ReplyDelete